Indore: ‘Cleanest City’ in ‘Swachh Survekshan League 2020’
In Swachh Survekshan League 2020 (SS League 2020) among the cities where population is more than 10 lakh Indore ranked first position again.
In the Quarter 1 and Quarter 2 results of Swachh Survekshan League 2020 (SS League 2020) among the cities where population is more than 10 lakh Indore ranked first position again. The second and third spot was taken by Bhopal and Surat in Q1 while Rajkot and Navi Mumbai came at number two and three respectively in Q2 in the same population category.
- Indore, sometimes called the Cultural Capital of Madhya Pradesh, has retained the title of the Cleanest City in the last three years. This time a total of 4,372 cities participated in the league.
- In the 1-10 lakh population category, Jamshedpur (Jharkhand) was ranked 1 in both the quarters. NDMC and Madhya Pradesh's Khargone were ranked 2 and 3 respectively in Q1 . In the Quarter 2, Chandrapur (Maharashtra) and Khargone stood at second and third spot.
- Among the cities with population of less than 1 lakh of North Zone, Beri of Haryana tops in Quarter 1 while Moonak of Punjab gets first position in Quarter 2.
- Among the cities with population of less than 1 lakh of East Zone, Lailunga of Chhattisgarh tops in Quarter 1 while Gunderdehi of Chhattisgarh got first position in Quarter 2.
- Among the cities with population of less than 1 lakh of North-East Zone, Rangpo of Sikkim tops in both in Quarter 1 and Quarter 2.
- Among the cities with population of less than 1 lakh of South Zone, Melathiruppanthuruthi of Tamil Nadu tops in Quarter 1 while T. Kallupatti of the same state gets first position in Quarter 2.
- Among the cities with population of less than 1 lakh of West Zone, Gautampura of Madhya Pradesh tops in Quarter 1 while Vengurla of Maharashtra gets first position in Quarter 2.
- Among the Cantonment Boards, Tamil Nadu's St.Thomas Mount Cantt was ranked 1 in Q1 followed by Jhansi Cantt and Delhi Cantt. On the other hand, in Q2, Delhi Cantt spotted the first spot while Jhansi cantt and Jalandhar Cantt stood at second and third spot.
About Swachh Survekshan League
- Swachh Survekshan League (SS League) is conducted in three quarters (April-June, July-September and October-December) with the objective of sustaining the on-ground performance of cities along with monitoring of when it comes to cleanliness.
- Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Housing and Urban Affairs, Hardeep Puri, said “Our focus has always been on ensuring the sustainability of the sanitation value chain as is evident in the SS 2020 parameters where wastewater treatment and reuse, and faecal sludge management have been given special attention. The ODF+, ODF++ and Water plus protocols by the ministry work as the guiding document for cities in this regard,".
- The Minister also rolled out Swachh Survekshan 2020, the fifth annual urban cleanliness survey. It will be conducted from 4th to 31st of January 2020.
Download this content in PDF format. It’s FREE.
Tags: cleanest city in india, indore tops as cleanest city, swachh survekshan league 2020, ss league 2020,